What are dental cleanings?
One of the best ways to keep your child’s smile healthy is to keep it clean! That is why our pediatric dentist provides dental cleanings and exams for all of our patients on a regular basis. Dental cleanings and exams are designed to prevent decay, quickly diagnose any existing conditions, and begin planning necessary treatments. We suggest bringing your child to our office, after the age of three, for a dental cleaning at least once every six months or as directed by our pediatric dentist.
What is a dental cleaning like?
During a teeth cleaning you can expect our caring team to:
- Teach your child about how to brush and floss their teeth in an engaging manner
- Gently clean each tooth and examine it for signs of decay
- Provide topical fluoride treatment to strengthen the tooth enamel
- Discuss any necessary treatments
- Recommend products, such as toothpaste, to use
- Take a series of X-rays if necessary
Our goal with dental cleanings and exams is to take care of your child’s teeth and gums while also helping them feel excited about visiting Dr. Brumbaugh. We find great joy in passing our love of dentistry to our patients and their parents. If you would like to know whether it is time to bring your child in for a teeth cleaning and dental exam, we welcome you to contact our dental office today. We hope to hear from you soon!